Salmon Power Salad with Honey-Dijon Vinaigrette
This Salmon Power Salad is full of superfoods such as blueberries, walnuts, spinach, and of course, salmon. This delicious salad is full of health-boosting power!
Dinner salads are one of my favorite types of meals. I know that the name “salad” can be deceiving, as some are filled with unhealthy, high-calorie ingredients. By making main dish salads at home, you can control the ingredients and nutrition. Plus, eating at home is usually much more budget-friendly, too.
I had two goals when making this salad. First, it had to taste good. Taste is so important when it comes to our food, right? My second goal was to incorporate as many healthy “superfoods” as possible. Superfoods are foods that have many health benefits- for your heart, brain, and even mood. These foods are (obviously) unprocessed, and they offer health benefits such as reducing heart disease risk, lowering cholesterol, and even warding off cancer. Sounds pretty good, doesn’t it?
And just look at this salad. The taste and flavors are amazing. It’s full of spiced grilled salmon, toasted walnuts, creamy avocado, fresh blueberries, red onion, and tangy goat cheese. You definitely won’t feel that you’re missing anything while eating this salad. It will leave you full of energy to tackle the rest of your day!
- 1 lb. fresh salmon, skin on
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- 2 ½ tbsp. plain Greek yogurt
- 1 ½ tbsp. honey
- 1 ½ tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 cups baby spinach
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup walnuts, lightly toasted and chopped
- 1 avocado, pitted and cut into cubes
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 oz. goat cheese, crumbled
- In a small bowl, stir together the chili powder and brown sugar. Rub over the top of the salmon.
- Heat a grill pan over medium heat and lightly spray with cooking spray. Place salmon in the pan, skin side down, and grill until cooked through, about 5 minutes per side. Remove to a clean plate to cool slightly.
- Whisk together yogurt, honey, Dijon, and vinegar until smooth. Whisk in olive oil. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place two cups spinach in each of 4 bowls. Lightly drizzle with vinaigrette and gently toss to distribute. Top with red onion, walnuts, avocado, blueberries, and goat cheese. Break the salmon into bite-size pieces and arrange on salads. Drizzle salads with remaining vinaigrette and serve.
This site contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting Kristine's Kitchen!