Sheet Pan Sausage and Veggies
See my guide on how to use an Instant Pot.
Get dinner on your table with little effort with this 6 ingredient Sheet Pan Baked Sausage and Veggies! This recipe is also good for meal prep lunches. Serve the sausage and vegetables with quinoa, rice or bread for a complete meal.
Don’t you love sheet pan dinners? Some of my favorite healthy meals are quick sheet pan dinners. Like my best juicy baked pork chops, for example.
It’s convenient to cook everything on one pan, and clean up is easy, too. Especially when you line the pan with foil or parchment paper like I did for this Sheet Pan Sausage and Roasted Veggies recipe!
I kept the seasonings simple for this recipe, because the sausage has a lot of flavor on its own. I used mild Italian chicken sausages when I made this. You could use spicy sausage if that’s what your family likes, or substitute another kind of sausage.
Roasting develops the flavors of the vegetables, so they don’t need anything more than a little olive oil, plus salt and pepper for seasoning. You can sprinkle on some fresh parsley after baking for a pop of freshness and color. I used broccoli and sweet potatoes, but Brussels sprouts, green beans, butternut squash and roasted carrots would also be delicious in this sheet pan meal.
Pin this recipe for later!
If you want to add more seasoning than just salt, pepper and olive oil, I would recommend garlic and dried herbs such as Italian seasoning. You can also sprinkle on some Parmesan cheese after baking – yum!
Broccoli and sweet potatoes are two vegetables that my kids enjoy, so that’s why I used them here. You can use other vegetables that your family likes (or whatever you need to use up in your kitchen). Just be sure to think about the cook times. The sausages will take about 30 minutes to cook. If you use vegetables (such as zucchini) that take less than 30 minutes to roast, you can add them later in the cook time (or chop them bigger). If your vegetables take longer to cook, chop them into smaller pieces. Or, add the veggies to the pan first, put them in the oven, and then add the sausages a few minutes later.
This honey garlic salmon recipe and this roasted chicken and vegetables are two more quick dinner ideas!
I cooked an extra sausage and packed up the leftovers of this sheet pan sausage, sweet potatoes and broccoli for lunches. You could also make this solely for meal prep lunches. Add some quinoa or rice to your meal prep containers (I like these containers, affiliate link) for a complete meal. Store it in your refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Tips for making this Sheet Pan Sausage and Veggies:
- You can use other vegetables in this recipe. Bell peppers, onions and potatoes would be delicious. Or try Brussels sprouts and carrots!
- Be sure to cut the sausage up into small bites if you are serving this to young kids.
- The leftovers are delicious served with eggs for breakfast!
Sheet Pan Sausage and Roasted Veggies (Plus Meal Prep Option)
- 1 pound broccoli, cut into florets
- 4 cups peeled and chopped sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 4 Italian chicken sausages
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place broccoli and sweet potatoes on a rimmed sheet pan. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Place sausages in between the pieces of broccoli and sweet potatoes.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until sausages are cooked through. (They should register at least 165 degrees F. on an instant-read thermometer.)
- Slice sausages, if desired. Serve with quinoa, rice or bread.
New family favorite! We just finished eating this (I haven’t even cleaned the dishes!) and are all so happy with it. I love other sheet pan dinners of yours but this one is my absolute favorite because you don’t have to do a single thing to the protein. Just place the sausage between the veggies. Piece of cake and so tasty. We will definitely be having more of this!
Hi Erin, I’m so excited that you loved this meal! It really is so easy!