This Mocha Granola is full of chocolate, coffee, and almonds. It makes a great late-night snack, breakfast, or afternoon pick-me-up!
Hello Friends and Happy Friday! We’ve come to the final recipe of Granola Week! In case you missed any of this week’s recipes, here’s a quick recap.
Learn more about my Time-Saving Healthy Family Meal Plan.
We started the week with this Tropical Granola, filled with pineapple and coconut. I also shared 5 great reasons why you should make your own granola.
Tuesday’s recipe was this super crunchy Cherry Almond Quinoa Granola. If you love almonds and dried cherries, you’ve gotta try this one.
Next up was this super simple 4-Ingredient Peanut Butter Granola. Peanut butter lovers, this one’s for you!
Yesterday I shared my favorite, Honey Almond Flax Granola. It’s light and crispy and filled with healthy ingredients.
And that brings us to today’s recipe… Mocha Granola. I’d say it’s the final recipe, but I’m sure it’s not. I know these won’t be the last granola recipes that I share with you! I just love granola too much to stop thinking up new flavors. I am excited to move on to some new types of recipes next week, though. I have some great posts lined up that I know you will love!
I’ve saved a special recipe for today. This. mocha. granola. I don’t even know where to start. It satisfies my cravings for both coffee and chocolate. In crunchy, oaty, granola form. With a splash of milk, it’s perfection. Some of the coffee-chocolate mixes in with the milk, and there are the dark chocolate bits, and the crunchy mocha oats and almonds… you get the idea.
Like all of my granola recipes, you can easily make this in less than 20 minutes. The best thing about this recipe? It can pass for breakfast, snack, dessert… maybe even dinner? You love breakfast for dinner, right?
This mocha granola makes an amazing afternoon-pick-me-up snack. It’s also the perfect thing to enjoy in the late evening, when you’ve got the munchies but want something that can pass as sort of healthy, too. Right now, as I write this, I’m wishing I had a bowl of this mocha granola to snack on. Sadly, it’s all gone. (As you can imagine, it didn’t last long around here!)
I wish I could close my computer and go mix up a quick batch right now, but it is 9:20p.m., and I just got home from a 12+ hour workday, so I’m a bit tired. Tonight was Open House night at my school! My 3rd graders learned to play the recorder and performed for their parents tonight. I love to see their proud faces as they show their parents around the classroom! A few of my students from past years came by to visit as well. All around it was such a special night.
I do have to wake up at 5 tomorrow morning, so I’ll show some kitchen self control. But come Saturday morning, you know what I’ll be doing. 🙂
- 4 cups (340g) old-fashioned oats
- ½ cup (40g) raw almonds, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp. water
- ½ cup honey
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1 ½ tbsp. instant espresso powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup (40g) dark chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F. In a large bowl, stir together oats and almonds.
- In a small saucepan, combine water, honey, coconut oil, cocoa powder, espresso powder, and salt. Stir over medium-low heat until cocoa powder and espresso powder are completely dissolved and the mixture is smooth. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Pour the cocoa mixture over the oats and almonds. Stir to evenly coat.
- Spread granola in an even layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes; stir. Bake 20-25 minutes more, until granola feels mostly dry to the touch. Be very careful not to burn it.
- Let cool completely on the pan. Once cool, stir in dark chocolate pieces.
- Store granola in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.