Asian Grilled Salmon
You have to try this recipe. Unless you don’t like salmon, in which case you probably wouldn’t enjoy this so much. Or just maybe this Asian grilled salmon might help you discover that you can in fact enjoy salmon. It is really that good.
This is one of the easiest ways I’ve ever prepared salmon, and I have to say that it is also my favorite. I cook it in my grill pan on the stove, and it turns out beautifully. (Just be sure to then clean the grill pan really well when you’re done, and even rub a lemon over it, or the next day’s grilled cheese sandwich will taste a little fishy. No matter how much you like salmon, this is not a good thing.)
Thank you to my sister for sharing this recipe with me. She’s always sending me great recipes that she’s discovered, and I’ve posted a number of them on my blog. Thanks, Karen!
Try my baked salmon recipe next!
Asian Grilled Salmon
Makes 2 servings
- 2 pieces fresh salmon (about 1 pound total), skin on
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 ½ tbsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Pat salmon dry and place in an 8×8 baking dish. Whisk together the Dijon, soy sauce, olive oil, and garlic in a small bowl. Reserve half of the marinade for serving, and drizzle the other half over the salmon and allow it to sit for 10 minutes.
- Heat an outdoor grill or grill pan over medium heat. Brush the grilling rack or pan with oil to keep the salmon from sticking.
- Place the salmon skin side down on the hot grill; discard the marinade the fish was sitting in. Grill for 4 to 6 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish. Turn carefully with a wide spatula and grill for another 4 to 6 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Transfer fish to a clean plate, skin side down. Serve with the reserved marinade, if desired.
Source: Slightly adapted from Ina Garten, via foodnetwork.com.
This site contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting Kristine's Kitchen!