BBQ Chicken Sliders with Cheddar and Spinach
NEW! Slow Cooker Freezer Meal Plan now available!
These BBQ Chicken Sliders with Cheddar and Spinach are one of my family’s favorite easy meals. The combination of tangy BBQ sauce, gooey cheddar and chicken makes for one tasty little sandwich!
I’m SO excited to introduce you to a new series of recipes starting today, Thirty Minute Thursdays! I’m teaming up with some of my very favorite bloggers to bring you recipes that are perfect for busy weeknights. On the first Thursday of every month, we’ll each share an easy main dish recipe that can be made in 30 minutes (or less). At the bottom of this post you’ll find links to the other amazing Thirty Minute Thursday recipes that are being shared today. I’ve already bookmarked them all to try soon!
I wanted to keep my first recipe in this series super simple, so you’re guaranteed to have it on your table in no time. I first made these BBQ Chicken Sliders with Cheddar and Spinach earlier in the summer, and they’ve quickly become one of my family’s very favorite meals.
These little sandwiches are sooo addicting. It starts with the sweet roll. Sweet bread…. we’re off to a very good start, don’t you think? Then add in some tangy BBQ sauce and gooey melted cheddar. And chicken and spinach because we can’t just eat bread, sauce and cheese, right? 😉
I usually use rotisserie chicken or leftover chicken when I make these. If neither of those is available, you can cook some chicken just for this recipe. While you wait for the chicken to cook, assemble the rest of the sandwiches. Then all there is to do is to slice the chicken, add the top bun, and warm the sandwiches in your oven for 5 minutes. You can still have these BBQ Chicken Sliders with Cheddar and Spinach on your table in 30 minutes!
To round out the meal I like to serve these sliders with fresh fruit and a green salad on the side. It’s an easy dinner that everyone (the cook included) looks forward to. These BBQ Chicken Sliders with Cheddar and Spinach are perfect party food too! You can easily make a lot of them to feed a crowd with very little effort.
Master the weeknight rush and check out the other 30 minute meals being shared today!
- 12 slider rolls (I used King's Hawaiian sweet rolls)
- ½ cup BBQ sauce
- 1 - 1 ½ cups shredded cooked chicken (use cooked leftover chicken or rotisserie chicken, or see note below*)
- 24 baby spinach leaves
- 12 slices cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice each roll open and place bottom halves on the baking sheet; set tops aside.
- Spread some BBQ sauce on bottom half of each roll. Top each with cooked chicken, two spinach leaves, and a slice of cheddar. Place top buns on sandwiches.
- Bake for 5 minutes, until cheese melts and sandwiches are warmed through. Rub tops of sandwiches with butter so that it melts over top buns, if desired. Serve and enjoy!
This site contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting Kristine's Kitchen!