Our Favorite Easy Overnight Oats Recipe
This is our favorite easy overnight oats recipe, made with just 4 ingredients and a touch of vanilla. We love this healthy oatmeal topped with fresh berries and almonds!
I’ve only made this recipe about one hundred times. Really! Overnight oats are a staple in our house, and while I love trying out different flavor variations, this recipe is our go-to favorite. Because it is THE EASIEST. And when it’s 10pm and we’re exhausted from the day, we need easy, right?
Easy like four ingredients. And two minutes, tops, prep time. I usually don’t even measure when I make these overnight oats. You can just pour everything in a mason jar (these are my favorite jars, along with these lids), shake, and refrigerate until morning.
Have you tried overnight oats? If not, you’re missing out. It might sound strange at first- cold oatmeal- but trust me, it’s delicious! I especially love overnight oats in the summer when it’s already warm out at breakfast time. In the winter, I’ll sometimes warm these overnight oats in the microwave, but most often I enjoy them cold.
Depending on the season and what you have on hand, you can add your favorite toppings to make this easy overnight oats recipe your own. We love these with fresh berries and sliced almonds. If you don’t have fresh berries available, you can mix in a few frozen blueberries and heat the oats briefly in the microwave to defrost. Don’t be surprised when your oatmeal becomes a pretty purple color from the frozen blueberries. 🙂 That’s how my kids like these best!
Why we love this easy overnight oats recipe:
- Oatmeal is a healthy breakfast that keeps us full through the morning.
- Oats have many health benefits. They lower bad cholesterol, help control blood pressure, and may help reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes.
- These oats are the perfect make-ahead breakfast for busy mornings!
- ½ cup old-fashioned oats*
- ½ cup milk (whichever type you prefer)
- ½ teaspoon pure maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- For serving (optional): fresh fruit, sliced or slivered almonds, other nuts or nut butters, etc.
- Combine all ingredients in a mason jar. Seal with a lid and shake to mix. (Alternatively, you can stir the ingredients together in a bowl.)
- Refrigerate at least 6 hours and up to 3 days. Serve with toppings as desired.
This site contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting Kristine's Kitchen!