Greek Salad Dressing
Homemade salad dressings are the best way to make your favorite salads something special. This Greek Salad Dressing is so simple to make, and you will love the fresh and tangy flavor!
Let’s be honest. When you eat salads multiple times a week, they can start to get boring. The easiest way to make those healthy veggies exciting again? Toss them with a tangy homemade salad dressing!
With just a few pantry ingredients and five minutes of time, you can make the tastiest Greek salad dressing from scratch. Enjoy it with a classic Greek Salad or this flavorful Greek Pasta Salad. Or drizzle it over your favorite Green Salad!
This homemade Greek salad dressing is so much better than store-bought. I love that this recipe contains only simple, recognizable ingredients. It keeps well in the refrigerator for up to two weeks, so you can enjoy it any time!
Greek Salad Dressing Ingredients
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil: I like to use a good quality olive oil when making homemade salad dressing because the flavor of the oil comes through in the finished dressing.
- Red Wine Vinegar: Vinegar is an essential ingredient in this salad dressing. It adds tangy flavor and, when whisked together with the olive oil, creates an emulsion of oil and vinegar that is signature to vinaigrette dressings.
- Dijon Mustard: The Dijon adds just a hint of sharpness to enhance the dressing’s flavor. You can omit the Dijon if you prefer.
- Garlic: Fresh garlic adds a pop of flavor. You can use more or less garlic, to your tastes.
- Dried Oregano: Oregano is often used in Mediterranean cooking. I like to use dried herbs, such as dried oregano, because they are budget-friendly and easy to keep on hand in my kitchen. Dried herbs also hold up well when you make this salad dressing ahead of time.
- Salt and Black Pepper: Use salt and pepper to add flavor, to taste.
Recipe Variation: You can also add a squeeze of lemon juice, if desired, to brighten up the flavors.
Find the full printable recipe with ingredient amounts and instructions below.
How to Make Greek Salad Dressing
Making this Greek dressing couldn’t be easier! You can whisk together the dressing ingredients in a small bowl, or shake them together in a small jar with a lid, such as a mason jar.
Once you’ve mixed all of the ingredients together, taste the dressing. You may want to add a bit more salt or pepper. If the dressing is too strong, you can add a little more olive oil. If you want a stronger flavor, add a bit more red wine vinegar or Dijon.
This homemade Greek salad dressing can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. It’s ideal for including in a weekly meal prep session. The dressing will separate over time and the oil may solidify in the refrigerator. Let the dressing sit at room temperature until the oil melts and then shake or whisk to recombine the ingredients before using.
How to Use Greek Salad Dressing
You can also use this dressing as a marinade for Grilled Chicken, Chicken Kabobs or Grilled Pork Chops. Or try drizzling it over Air Fryer Cauliflower, Roasted Broccoli, Roasted Asparagus or Roasted Cauliflower. It’s also delicious tossed with quinoa or drizzled over these Grilled Zucchini Boats.
More Salad Dressing Recipes
- Italian Dressing
- Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Honey Mustard Dressing
- Ranch Dressing
- Coleslaw Dressing
Greek Salad Dressing
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 small cloves garlic (minced, or 1 large clove)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl or in a jar with a lid. Whisk or shake until well combined.
- Use immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- The dressing will separate as it sits and the oil may solidify in the refrigerator. Let the dressing sit at room temperature until the oil melts and then shake or whisk to recombine the ingredients.
This site contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting Kristine's Kitchen!