Spinach Pesto Pizza with Tomato
These Spinach Pesto Flatbread Pizzas with a crispy flatbread crust are a 30 minute meal from start to finish! You’ll love the flavorful spinach pesto and crunchy pine nuts on these cheesy pizzas!
My family loves homemade pizza, but it’s not typically a 30 minute meal when you factor in the time to make the pizza dough.
To get these pizzas with spinach pesto and tomato on the table quickly, I used whole wheat flatbreads from the grocery store. The ingredient list on the flatbreads was short and contained only recognizable ingredients, so I felt comfortable going the store-bought route this time. Check the labels at your grocery store to make sure they fit your family’s nutritional goals. Whole wheat pita bread is a great substitute.
I mixed up a quick spinach pesto in my food processor to use as the pizza sauce. The pesto adds lots of flavor for minimal effort! A little more chopped fresh spinach, some cheese, cherry tomatoes, and a few pine nuts round out the pizza toppings. I love the pine nuts for the flavor and crunch they add to these pizzas. If you’re not a fan of fresh tomatoes (like my husband), mushrooms also work well with the spinach and pesto flavors.
We made these Spinach Pesto Pizzas two days in a row – first for dinner and then the next day for lunch. They are that good and that easy! Mix up a big veggie-filled salad while the pizzas cook, and dinner is done!
Spinach Pesto and Tomato Flatbread Pizzas
For the Pesto:
- 3 cups loosely packed spinach
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ cup walnuts or pine nuts
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
For the Pizzas:
- 4 whole grain lavash or other flatbread I used two 8x10-inch rectangular lavash*
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 8 ounces cherry tomatoes halved
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Make the pesto:
- Place all pesto ingredients except olive oil in the bowl of a food processor. Process until finely chopped. With the processor running, add the oil in a steady stream through the feed tube and process until well combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
Make the pizzas:
- Place lavash on parchment-lined baking sheet. Spread with pesto sauce. Sprinkle on chopped spinach and mozzarella cheese. Top with tomatoes, grated Parmesan, and pine nuts.
- Bake pizzas for 8-9 minutes, until cheese and flatbread are lightly golden. If you are using more than one pan, rotate halfway through baking time.
More Homemade Pizza Recipes:
This site contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting Kristine's Kitchen!