This simple granola is deliciously crunchy! We make this 4-Ingredient Easy Granola Recipe almost every week!
I’m writing this post on an airplane on my way back home from Portland, Oregon. Brad and I just spent a long weekend on vacation, just the two of us. It had been three years since our last solo vacation, so we were ready to fully enjoy a few relaxed days without the kids!
When we’re in the middle of our usual busy daily routine, it’s too easy to forget how lucky we are. During our vacation, each time we would see a family with children I’d miss our three. Breaks like this help me to appreciate all that I have and give me renewed energy to make the most of each day and all it has to offer.
Learn more about my Time-Saving Healthy Family Meal Plan.
That means enjoying the challenging moments along with the sweet ones: coaxing a fussy Hannah into her carseat, along with playtime at the park. Cooking dinner and getting homework done, along with family dinners around the table. Making sure little teeth get brushed and flossed, along with before bed stories and snuggles.
There’s something else that I always have renewed appreciation for when I return from a vacation… home cooking! We’re so used to cooking at home, that it doesn’t take long for us to get tired of eating out when we’re traveling. Restaurant food, while delicious, is often much richer than what we eat at home. After just a few days away, I’m ready for some simple, healthy foods!
Which leads us to this simple and easy granola recipe. This granola is one of my very favorite breakfasts. I like that I can make a batch ahead of time so that breakfast is ready to go on early mornings. Whether I’m getting up early to work on the blog or because it’s one of my teaching days, I can pour myself a bowl of granola and a cup of coffee, sit down, and enjoy.
I’ve made countless batches of granola in the past few years, and I’ve kept this recipe as simple as possible. It takes less than 10 minutes to get a batch ready to go in the oven, so go ahead, make some today!
Besides eating it by the handful (which you’ll definitely want to do), we love this granola with milk, plain Greek yogurt, and combined with pears and almond butter as part of this easy snack!
Delicious ways to adapt this 4-ingredient easy granola recipe:
- Add your favorite nuts. Pecans, walnuts, and almonds are all great choices. Use 1 cup less oats, and add 1 cup of nuts in their place.
- Use honey instead of maple syrup to make this recipe more budget-friendly. Honey is usually cheaper than pure maple syrup, even when you buy in bulk.
- Use olive oil instead of coconut oil. This also saves the step of melting the coconut oil in the microwave, making the recipe is even simpler.
- Add some dried fruit after baking. We like dried cranberries, cherries, and blueberries best. Or, even better, serve your granola with fresh fruit on top.
You could say I have an addiction to homemade granola, which is better than my prior addiction to store-bought cereal. 😉 Homemade is always better. Besides this 4-Ingredient Easy Granola Recipe, I also love this 4-Ingredient Peanut Butter Granola and this Orange Chia Granola.
- 5 cups old-fashioned oats*
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place oats in a large bowl.
- Place maple syrup and coconut oil in a liquid measuring cup (or bowl) and microwave in 30 second intervals until melted. Stir in cinnamon. Pour over oats; stir until well combined.
- Spread granola in an even layer on the baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes, stir. Press down into an even layer and bake for 15 more minutes, until lightly golden.
- Cool completely on the baking sheet and then transfer to an airtight container. Granola will keep for 2 weeks. For best results, store in the refrigerator.