3-Ingredient Slow Cooker Taco Chicken
Looking for the easiest chicken tacos recipe? This easiest ever 3-Ingredient Slow Cooker Chicken is it! Three ingredients, your crock pot, and 10 minutes are all you need to make the best chicken tacos. Now grab those tortillas and enjoy!
Taco night. It’s a family favorite. It’s quick, easy, and everyone can top their chicken tacos as they like! I always have to have lots of cheese and avocado or guacamole. The kids are simple in their tastes and prefer just chicken and cheese. What essentials must you have on your taco? When I make these chicken tacos for guests, I double the recipe and set all the taco toppings out in bowls so each guest can choose their own toppings.
This 3-Ingredient slow cooker chicken makes the best chicken tacos! My slow cooker is my favorite kitchen tool for getting a healthy dinner on the table for my family! Another slow cooker favorite is my Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Soup.
Just toss in the chicken, salsa and taco seasoning, or make your own seasoning with my taco seasoning recipe and then go about your day. Come back at dinner time, shred the chicken, grab some tortillas and toppings and your delicious chicken tacos are ready to eat. There’s a reason I call this the easiest ever 3-Ingredient Slow Cooker Taco Chicken!
Do you keep homemade taco seasoning on hand in your pantry? If not, what are you waiting for? 🙂 You likely already have all of the ingredients in your spice drawer and it takes just a few minutes to measure and whisk them together. The flavor is so much better than the packets they have at the store, and with no mystery ingredients either.
This 3-Ingredient Slow Cooker Taco Chicken is moist and juicy, just right for making the best chicken tacos. Cooking the chicken slowly in salsa ensures that it will be incredibly moist and tender in your tacos. Follow my easy steps for how to shred chicken and then add back in some of the salsa and juices to moisten and flavor the chicken.
Do you have a busy week coming up? Add this recipe to your menu plan and you will have one less night when you have to worry about what you will cook for dinner. It’s on my menu this week, and I’m breathing a sigh of relief right along with you.
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 4 breast halves)
- 1 tsp. medium-hot taco seasoning or 1 tbsp. mild taco seasoning (adjust to your desired spiciness – this is for mildly spicy)
- 1 cup mild salsa
- for serving: tortillas, shredded cheese, avocado or guacamole, tomatoes, additional salsa, etc.
- Place chicken in bottom of slow cooker. Sprinkle with taco seasoning. Spoon salsa on top of chicken and spread to cover chicken.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours, or on high for 2 hours, until chicken is cooked through. Remove chicken to a plate to cool slightly, along with any salsa that is on top of the chicken. Shred with two forks or your fingers and place in a bowl. Stir in some of the liquid from the slow cooker, starting with ¼ cup and adding more as desired.
- Serve chicken in tortillas with toppings as desired.
This site contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting Kristine's Kitchen!