3-Ingredient Slow Cooker Taco Chicken
Save time and money with my popular eCookbooks.
Looking for the easiest chicken taco recipe? This easiest ever 3-Ingredient Slow Cooker Taco Chicken is it! Three ingredients, your crock pot, and 10 minutes are all you need to make the best chicken tacos. Now grab those tortillas and enjoy!
I’ve just written a new eCookbook of slow cooker dinner recipes!! Click here to check it out!
Any day now I will be mom to a 5-year-old, a 2-year-old, and a newborn. I know I’ll be anxious to get back into the kitchen soon after baby girl arrives, but I also know that cooking dinner while taking care of two kids and a newborn is going to be a challenge. Which is why lately my focus has been on developing simple, easy recipes like this 3-Ingredient slow cooker chicken that makes the best tacos! My slow cooker is my favorite kitchen tool for getting a healthy dinner on the table for my family!
Taco night. It’s a family favorite. It’s quick, easy, and everyone can top their tacos as they like! I always have to have lots of cheese and avocado or guacamole. The kids are simple in their tastes and prefer just chicken and cheese. What essentials must you have on your taco?
The quick and easy taco dinner just got even easier with this 3-Ingredient Slow Cooker Taco Chicken. Chicken, taco seasoning, and salsa. Throw them in the crock pot and then go about your day. Come back at dinner time, shred the chicken, grab some tortillas and toppings and dinner is ready to go. There’s a reason I call this the easiest ever 3-Ingredient Slow Cooker Taco Chicken!
Do you keep homemade taco seasoning on hand in your pantry? If not, what are you waiting for? 🙂 You likely already have all of the ingredients in your spice drawer and it takes just a few minutes to measure and whisk them together. The flavor is so much better than the packets they have at the store, and with no mystery ingredients either.
This 3-Ingredient Slow Cooker Taco Chicken is moist and juicy, just right for making the best chicken tacos. Cooking the chicken slowly in salsa ensures that it will be incredibly moist and tender in your tacos. When you shred the chicken, you’ll add back in some of the salsa cooking liquid. This is where you can adjust the amount of liquid, depending on how you like your tacos.
Do you have a busy week coming up? Add this 3-Ingredient Slow Cooker Taco Chicken to your menu plan! There, now you have one less thing to worry about fitting into your busy schedule. It’s on my menu this week, and I’m breathing a sigh of relief right along with you.
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 4 breast halves)
- 1 tsp. medium-hot taco seasoning or 1 tbsp. mild taco seasoning (adjust to your desired spiciness – this is for mildly spicy)
- 1 cup mild salsa
- for serving: tortillas, shredded cheese, avocado or guacamole, tomatoes, additional salsa, etc.
- Place chicken in bottom of slow cooker. Sprinkle with taco seasoning. Spoon salsa on top of chicken and spread to cover chicken.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours, or on high for 2 hours, until chicken is cooked through. Remove chicken to a plate to cool slightly, along with any salsa that is on top of the chicken. Shred with two forks or your fingers and place in a bowl. Stir in some of the liquid from the slow cooker, starting with ¼ cup and adding more as desired.
- Serve chicken in tortillas with toppings as desired.
This site contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting Kristine's Kitchen!