Air Fryer Chicken Legs (Drumsticks)
See my guide on how to use an Air Fryer.
These Air Fryer Chicken Legs cook up crispy and perfectly juicy, with the most delicious seasoning. A family favorite, this is one of our best chicken drumstick recipes!
Chicken drumsticks are an easy, family-friendly meal and these air fryer chicken legs are one of our favorite chicken leg recipes. Even my daughter who usually won’t eat chicken loves these!
When you’re looking for a quick and easy dinner idea, air fryer drumsticks are a delicious option. You can prep these chicken legs in just a few minutes while your air fryer preheats. Since the air fryer cooks chicken legs much faster than the oven, in less than 30 minutes you’ll have the most flavorful drumsticks ready to enjoy!
You are going to love cooking chicken legs in the air fryer. Since an air fryer works by circulating hot air around the food in the basket, the chicken skin gets crispy while the inside of the meat stays moist and juicy.
The Best Air Fryer Drumsticks
You’ll love this air fryer chicken drumsticks recipe because:
- Quick and Easy. These drumsticks take just minutes to prep and they cook quickly in the air fryer.
- Flavor! Simple seasonings combine to give these chicken legs the most irresistible flavor.
- Crowd Pleaser. Everyone will be asking for more of these juicy chicken legs!
Air Fryer Chicken Legs Recipe Ingredients
These chicken legs have the best seasoning, based off of my favorite chicken seasoning recipe. Here’s what you’ll need to make this easy recipe:
- Chicken Drumsticks: I can fit 8 drumsticks in my air fryer at once (I have the Cosori 5.8 quart), which is enough to serve 4 people. You can scale this recipe up or down, and cook the drumsticks in batches if necessary.
- Olive Oil: A little bit of olive oil helps the seasonings to stick to the chicken.
- Seasonings: I used a combination of paprika, dried oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper.
Find the full recipe with ingredient amounts and instructions in the recipe card below.
How to Cook Chicken Legs in the Air Fryer
Making these air fryer chicken legs couldn’t be easier! If you’re new to air fryer cooking, see my guide on how to use an air fryer.
- First, combine the seasonings in a small bowl and mix them together well.
- Then, preheat your air fryer to 380° F for 5 minutes.
- Pat the chicken legs dry with paper towels. Place them in a large bowl.
- Drizzle olive oil over the chicken legs. Toss to coat all of the chicken pieces with the oil.
- Sprinkle on the seasonings and toss to evenly distribute the seasonings over the chicken.
- Put the drumsticks in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Air fry at 380° F for 12 minutes. Then flip the chicken legs over and cook for 6-10 more minutes, or until chicken is cooked through to at least 165° F.
How Long to Cook Chicken Legs in an Air Fryer
Chicken legs will take about 18-22 minutes to cook in the air fryer at 380° F. If you don’t preheat the air fryer, they may take a few extra minutes to cook through.
- The best way to know when the chicken legs are done cooking is to test the internal temperature with a meat thermometer. Chicken should be cooked to at least 165° F in the center. Be sure that the thermometer does not touch the bone when you measure the temperature.
- You can actually cook these chicken legs past 165° F. The dark meat and bone will prevent them from drying out, and the skin will get extra crispy if you cook them a bit longer.
- Pat the chicken dry with paper towels before adding the oil and seasonings. This will help the seasonings to stick and will also help the skin to get crispy in the air fryer.
- Preheat the air fryer so that the chicken will start cooking as soon as it is placed in the hot basket.
- Arrange the chicken legs in a single layer in the air fryer basket. This allows the hot air to circulate around each drumstick to promote even cooking and crispier skin. You can cook the chicken in batches if needed.
- As an alternative to the seasonings in this recipe, you can season the chicken with this homemade Chicken Seasoning, Cajun Seasoning or your favorite seasoning blend.
What to Serve with Chicken Drumsticks
On the side, serve some Coleslaw or Potato Salad and Homemade Biscuits. Other side dishes that pair well with chicken drumsticks include Cornbread, Greek Salad, Instant Pot Mac and Cheese and Fruit Salad.
More Easy Air Fryer Recipes
Air Fryer Chicken Legs
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Combine the paprika, dried oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Stir to mix.
- Preheat the air fryer at 380° F for 5 minutes.
- Pat the chicken drumsticks dry with paper towels and place them in a large bowl.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the drumsticks and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle on the seasonings and toss to evenly coat the chicken with the seasonings.
- Place drumsticks in a single layer in the air fryer basket with a bit of room in between each piece (cook in batches as needed). Air fry at 380° F for 12 minutes. Then flip the chicken pieces over and cook for 6-10 more minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through to at least 165° F when measured with an instant read thermometer.
This site contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting Kristine's Kitchen!