These Nectarines and Cream Overnight Oats are high in protein to keep you full all morning long!
If you had to choose a favorite breakfast, one that you could eat over and over again, what would it be? Me, I’d have to choose overnight oats. While I love eggs and toast, and pancakes, and green smoothies, overnight oats are my healthy breakfast of choice. They taste delicious, you can easily switch up the flavors and add-ins, and they take literally two minutes to mix up the night before.
These Necatarines and Cream Overnight Oats are the fourth overnight oats recipe I’ve shared on the blog. In case you missed any of the first three, they are these Strawberry Chia Overnight Oats, these Peanut Butter and Banana Overnight Oats, and Our Favorite Easy Overnight Oats. All are reader favorites, and all are super delicious!
Fresh nectarines and peaches are so good this time of year, and we use them interchangeably in this recipe. Julia and I have gotten into a routine of going to the farmers’ market every Saturday morning. Our favorite stand is the one with the stone fruits. The peaches, nectarines, plums, and apricots are our favorites, and they never last long with my three little snackers around!
These Nectarines and Cream Overnight oats are high protein, thanks to Greek yogurt and chia seeds. I usually sweeten my overnight oats with a little pure maple syrup, but in these I like to add a touch of honey. The flavor of the honey pairs really well with the fresh nectarine. And be sure to add the 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract. It’s just a small amount, but you really can taste the difference.
If you’re trying to get on track with preparing healthy breakfasts during the week, check out my easy breakfast plan!
- ½ cup old fashioned oats
- ⅓ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup milk (whichever type you prefer)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- fresh nectarine, chopped
- Combine oats, Greek yogurt, milk, honey, vanilla, and chia seeds in a mason jar. Seal with lid and shake until well combined. Alternatively, you can stir the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Refrigerate at least 8 hours. Top with nectarine and serve.
- Oats are best eaten within two days.
Health benefits of these Nectarines and Cream Overnight Oats:
- Chia Seeds are high in many nutrients, including omega fatty acids, protein, and fiber. They may even give you an energy boost!
- Old-fashioned oats are high on the food satiety index and are a heart-healthy food that may help lower bad cholesterol levels.
- Plain Greek yogurt is high in calcium and protein. It contains probiotic cultures which are good for your digestive tract.